Managing Macs and Mobile Devices at an enterprise scale is a unique challenge. As a Software Engineer, SRE specializing in all things Apple, you and the team will have the opportunity to shape the future direction of Streamline’s Apple centric solution offerings. As a tech company, Streamline passionately embraces emerging technologies, from open source solutions, cloud based infrastructure, to home-grown tech. Supported by (and supporting) a team of System Administrators and Engineers, you are encouraged to design, propose, and implement tools and systems to improve Streamline’s Apple management platform and consulting solutions.
- First and foremost, you will be one of the Apple SMEs at Streamline, people will look to you/the team for technical leadership.
- Streamline is keen to offer our clients the latest tech innovations, we may ask you to consider how other platforms such as Linux or ChromeOS, and yes Windows might be managed.
- Process improvement and review from imaging, to provisioning, to asset retirement, every part of the lifecycle of a device is in scope for improvement. Your focus will be Tier 0/Self Service solutions to drive improved service delivery across the organizations.
- As an engineer, you will be expected to follow typical engineering best practices such as software configuration management (source control), maintaining documentation, and participating in code reviews.
- Mentoring is a huge part of the philosophy at Streamline we will expect you to exploit teachable moments to develop the skills of your peers and team.
- Serve as a Tier 4 escalation point for our Operations and Support teams.
- In depth and current knowledge of macOS/iOS system internals.
- Experience deploying macOS/iOS in a corporate environment, including NetBoot/NetInstall for imaging, managing FileVault encryption, common provisioning tasks, etc.
- Experience using a version control system preferably git.
- Use of common packaging tools such as Jamf’s Composer or AutoPkg.
- Strong competency in Python, with experience interacting with RESTful APIs
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following: Jamf Pro, Munki/Simian, Puppet. Preferably Jamf
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills you will need to write detailed, accurate, and clear documentation as well as provide mentoring to colleagues.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting in bash or similar.
- Python / Objective C / Swift programming experience.
- Experience managing Linux, Windows, and/or ChromeOS.
- Experience managing services such as Apache, MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with the operation of Active Directory particularly with regard to Mac binding.
At Streamline, we are looking for Field Engineers, Systems Administrators, and Senior Engineers for an extraordinary career in Information Technology consulting. Technology can be taught, skills can be acquired, and Streamline is an awesome place to learn and grow. Make no mistake, an IT career with a Managed Service Provider is a challenging thing! It’s fast paced, involves travel, yet you’ll have tremendous opportunity for hands-on experience with the newest platforms and environments. At all times you’ll be supported by amazing teammates who want you to succeed and thrive. We know our most important assets are PEOPLE like you, and we’re looking forward to having you meet our team!
Streamline is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.